Monday, August 13, 2007

Menu Monday-Yummy Bean Corn Salsa

Yes we are well into summer and one of my favorite things is fresh corn on the cob but I also like to include corn in other recipes. One of the ones that I found recently comes from Mommy Savers...and well it is so very yummy...Roo and I love SALSA..I also LOVE cilantro so it brings together some of my favorite foods and since so much of this is in season the recipe is cheap.
So here is todays recipe

Black Bean and Corn Salsa (a.k.a. Cowboy Caviar)

1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn kernels (I use either fresh or frozen; not canned)
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tbsp. lime juice
8 green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
½ t salt
½ t ground cumin

It’s this simple: chop and dump. Refrigerate overnight to let all flavors blend. I seve this on nachos, and some times add this to nachos and cheese for a light dinner, and serve a salad on the side..

No comments: